As the labour market continues to feel the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the role of staffing firms has never been more vital. According to recent stats, over half of US adults who quit their job last year are looking for an entirely new occupation. While moving into a new line of work can be exciting, it requires transferable skills, hard work and a great deal of nerve. To make the transition as smooth as possible, therefore, candidates are looking to recruitment firms to help them find genuinely rewarding work. In this brief guide, we explore how you can enhance the candidate experience and ensure you’re providing an optimal service.
Why does candidate experience matter?
Providing a high-quality candidate could benefit your company in the following ways:
- It boosts brand awareness: Job seekers often look to online reviews to find the best recruitment firms for their needs. If your candidates enjoy working with you, they’re more likely to leave glowing praise about your services (a great form of free publicity!)
- It will enhance your reputation: If you can satisfy your candidates, you’ll maintain a stellar reputation and draw more interest from clients, as well as job seekers.
- You’ll attract better candidates: As well as helping to build your candidate pool, providing a dynamic experience will increase the number of highly credentialed workers you attract.
How can you improve the candidate experience?
Here are some simple tips for enhancing the candidate experience for staffing firms:
- Maintain strong communication channels: Candidates want to know that you’re doing everything in your power to secure their future. Try to check in regularly to keep them updated and answer any questions they may have. It’s also a good idea to offer a range of communication channels. While busy candidates often prefer interacting via email, others may prefer a more personal phone call.
- Prioritize honesty: Openness and honesty are fundamental if you want to keep candidates on your side. While sending out timely rejection emails may be difficult, failure to do so will leave your candidates feeling nervous and disrespected.
- Don’t ask for too much of their time: Job seeking often involves completing lengthy and time-consuming application forms. Try to avoid overburdening your candidates by only asking for the information you genuinely require.
- Ask for feedback: The relationship between a candidate and their recruitment firm should be a two-way street. By asking for feedback, you can ensure that you’re matching them up with appropriate organizations and work on any problems with your service.
- Stay positive: Sending upbeat and supportive communications will ensure candidates stay motivated throughout their job search.
Candidately is on-hand to supercharge your candidate experience!
With Candidately, you can showcase your candidates in a way that highlights their best assets. Our candidate profiles are sleek, informative, and easy to populate with compelling information. What’s more, our portal facilitates super-speedy communications - great news for candidates seeking timely feedback about their applications. To find out more about Candidately, why not schedule a demo today?